- Alfa-A Oil provides 12.5MJ/kg of slow-release energy, which is comparable to a conditioning or competition mix, but provides 10 times less starch, making it ideal for horses with ERS which research indicates benefit from a low sugar and starch diet. Click here to read about how to feed horses with ERS.
- Alfa-A Oil is made from pure alfalfa grown in fields close to Dengie’s production sites in Essex and Lincolnshire, which has been chopped and dried at a very high temperature to lock in the natural goodness
- Alfalfa is rich in highly digestible fibre, packed with essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. High in protein it is ideal for helping to develop muscle tone and for muscle function
- Alfalfa is a natural buffer to gut acidity. Independent research carried out at Texas A&M University, USA showed that alfalfa was a natural buffer to acidity in the digestive system. Feeding alfalfa was more effective at reducing the incidence of gastric ulcers than turnout on pasture 24/7.
- Alfa-A Oil has a high oil content, perfect for show ring condition, healthy skin and coat shine
- No added sugar, low in starch